Elder Adam Tyler Seelos

California San Jose Mission

3975 McLaughlin Ave Ste A

San Jose, CA 95121-2631

Sunday, February 3, 2013

1/14/13


Hey Family!
 
What an awesome surprise is was to talk to you for a few minutes this past week. It was good to hear from you and also to have a bonus hello from Grandma and Grandpa. That was sweet. Also, my companion was super happy that he got to talk to you guys. That made his day and you did a great job of making him happy. For my wrist. It is doing really good I think. I don't walk around in any pain really. The only time it hurts is when I do to much as a missionary. The funny thing is that I helped push a huge shed and mowed a lawn all one handed. And I won the game of 21 and HORSE with two other missionaries. Soy un jefe! Just kidding. I am not really that proud. It was just funny.  You still have to be a missionary, even if you are hurt. Don't worry though, I have been careful of keeping it in my brace and not using it.ALso, I feel like my wrist with the brace sort of smells like cheese-its. It is kind of weird.
 
I am trying to learn spanish. It is really hard. There are some spanish books in my apartment so I have been using those and I ask people how you say things in spanish. I really am not that good at all. I can't say anything still. I mainly just want to be able to contact someone on the street and have them understand who we are. Then I will just give them to the spanish elders to teach them. Spanish would also be nice because the spanish branch was dissolved and part of it was integrated into our ward. So we now being a bilingual ward. In sacrament meeting we have headphones and translators for some people. Then in class we have people translate what the lesson is either by having the teacher be bilingual and give the lesson in spanish and english, or have people whispering to translate for people besides them. It has been interesting, but I think we will be able to work it out. It is a fun new experience.
 
One transfer has passed with Elder Annias and I in Salinas. Neither of us got transferred this time. I am sort of bummed because the out-going fireside was yesterday where the missionaries going home get to bear their testimonies and Elder Meyers is going home and I could not get up there. We were too busy and we had no one to take. I don't think I will see him again, but I don't know. Also, two of my other favorite missionaries are going home. Elder Brewer and Elder Grimm. They are amazing elders. I am going to miss them so much. Luckily they are both from Utah, so maybe I will see them later.
 
An update for the people I am working with. Gus said that he wanted to be baptized on sunday and then on Tuesday he said that God actually wants him to stay with his Baptist church. So we are taking a step back from him now. I don't really know if we will be working much with him anymore. I think he will come back to us eventually, but for now it is looking like a no. That was pretty sad. We have an elderly woman named Charolette who is doing really great. She would be baptized on the 26th of January, but she has been sick and hasn't been able to come to church enough times to get baptized at that time. It was such a bummer when she told us she was sick. She told us on Sunday morning. She is doing good and progressing. And we have still been working with some less actives. They are doing pretty good. I don't have much to say about them at this time.
 
I am doing good. I am happy. Time is going by pretty fast. It has almost been five months since I have left. That is crazy. Time is really short here. I am really liking Salinas and I am not missing my last area so much anymore. I miss you all and love you so much. I am glad you say you are being blessed at home and that you continue to be blessed because I am trying my best and it is not the easiest work. It is hard. Oh well, that is life of a missionary. I love it though.
 
One thought that I had lately when my companion and I were studying. Elder Annias has been studying faith and he brought up something. Enoch was translated because of his faith. That is cool. He had so much faith that there was not point of him being in this world anymore. That is a lot of faith. I like that thought. I want to have that much faith at some point. Have faith.
 
Love
Elder Adam Seelos

No comments:

Post a Comment